Friday, July 20

Grand Canyon! (Desert View, AZ)

Wow, what a day! I only have time for some pictures, but I would have to call our arrival at the canyon this evening a mountaintop moment for this trip. We actually stayed at a campsite at the "Grand Canyon Village" on the south rim, within Grand Canyon National Park, and watched the sun set from the rim.

Bike odometer: 2922 miles










Most of the climb this morning on the way to the canyon looked like this










Getting a little more canyony...










"Navajo Indians...for shizle"
Every two miles or so we'd come across these roadside stands selling jewelry and pottery; as far as I can tell it's one of the few if only industries the Navajo Nation has










Our first sighting of the canyon; 25 miles before I was expecting it, I was taken by surprise (Anita, Ryan, Liz, Lee Anne, Emily H, our friend Ray, and me)










Anita diving in (don't do it!)










Mary Olive and Lee Anne
(MO's looking good after being knocked over on bike by stray dogs earlier today)










CVH













Leg










Liz and me










Feet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the picture of MO. Proves to us she really is OK.